‘Aaykar Setu‘ mobile app for taxpayers (Income Tax Bridge) Income Tax Department has come up with android mobile app to guide taxpayers solve concerns the easy way. The app brings useful income tax services and tools at one’s fingertips. Developed by Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), the app was launched earlier by Finance Minister,Arun Jaitley.
part of digital india this app can be usefull for citizens, e- initiative e-initiative would help in reducing physical interface between assesses and tax assessing authorities. It minimizes the chances of any tax harassment. This is a very important step forward by the CBDT. The principle reason being technology as a very powerful tool becomes an enabler. With the app, most of the work the assessee can discharge without any external help sitting at home.” Jaitley commented after launching the Taxpayer service module.
Highlights of Ayakar setu
helpful features present in the income tax website. Live chat and Tax Gyaan makes the app interactive and fun. All these are accessible within the app or with a browser from the links in the app. These are the features.
- ASK IT – A ChatBot that helps with procedural and compliance related provisions.
- TRP at your Doorstep – Locate a Tax Return Preparer near you on the map.
- Return Preparation Made Easy – File Return, TRP assistance, Download ITR forms, challans, and 26AS.
- Tax Calculator Tools – Useful tools for Individuals and firms.
- Got a Problem – Know your refund status, TDS mismatch, PAN Migration, and more.
- PAN, TAN – Application, Documents needed and uses.
- TDS, TRACES – Return, Rates, Forms, e-Pay, Correction and more.
- Tax Payment – Pay, Calculate, Rectify, Statements, Challan Inquiry and Correction.
- Tax Gyaan ‘A Game’ – Learn about tax by playing quizzes.
- Live Chat – Get answers from tax experts (Mon-Fri, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM).
In addition, you can get in touch with Income Tax Department twitter handle from the app. CBDT will also bring tax return facility/apps to the mobile platform in coming months. Finally, we request every taxpayer to subscribe to Income Tax Department updates. Hope this briefing helped you, Peace!